Monday, July 2, 2012

Meals For New Mamas


I stumbled upon this super fun gift for new mamas - The New Baby Taco Box.  

The presentation is amazing, the contents are yummy...and any new mama is going to love being given a meal that requires less than 5 minutes to prepare. 


How To Make Your Taco Box

The box itself is a spray-painted wine crate with masking tape used to create the letters. If DIY isn't your thing then go simple and pick up a wicker basket or a colourful plastic tub.  The great thing is the container you choose will come in handy down the road for storing kiddy toys etc.

What To Put In Your Taco Box


You can stick with the taco theme (swap out the beer for bottled lemonade if you feel more comfortable), or find another theme that you think the new mama will like. 

Other Fun Themes

French Breakfast
- French bread
- Small pack of free-run eggs
- Fair trade coffee
- Artisanal cheese 
- Fresh berries
- Jar of local jam

Italian Dinner
- Fresh pasta
- Organic pasta sauce
- Wedge of grating cheese
- Biscotti cookies
- Good instant coffee
- Bottle of red wine (or sparkling water)



The possibilities are endless.  I'd love to hear what ideas you have, or what you make in your welcome food packages for new families. 



2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I'm a big advocate of bringing food to new mamas, but this goes beyond. & now I'm hungry for tacos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your note shineyourlight! I had a craving for tacos while I was writing this as well :) Looking forward for the next baby to arrive so I can make this.

    ReplyDelete